Celebrity Pregnancies = Big Bucks

The New York Times has a great piece on celebrity pregnancies and how it helped OK! magazine sell a record number of copies for it’s “Jamie Lynn Spears: I’m Pregnant” cover.
The exclusive Jamie Lynn issue sold nearly two million, roughly twice the usual number. The previous record issue was headlined “Britney’s Meltdown,” which sold 1.2 million copies.
“This is a family whose trajectory appears to be moving in the wrong direction, and they might actually not know where their next paycheck is coming from,” said Janice Min, the head honcho of US Weekly. “Money is money. [Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy is the] ultimate example of one of these celebrities deciding ‘I’m tired of somebody else making money off of me, I’m going to make money off my own news.’”
Read the full celebrity pregnancies article at NYTimes.com.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...