Mischa Barton’s African Outreach

Labels:

In an effort to aid impoverished and other children in need, Mischa Barton joined Save the Children’s Board of Celebrities for the Rewrite the Future campaign. She recently visited school children in the poverty-stricken township of Soweto, an urban area in the City of Johannesburg, in Gauteng, South Africa.

“I visited a primary school in Soweto, where a lot of the children are orphans and there is a high incidence of AIDS,” the 22-year-old former O.C. star reveals. “I helped prepare and serve lunch to the children; it’s just simple maize and for many it’s the only meal they get. We chatted and I took part in their class. They are heartbreakingly beautiful children. I feel so privileged that I could just meet [the children] and hope to make a difference!”

For more pictures from Mischa’s African Outreach, visit Celebuzz.com.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...