Christina Aguilera is Anti-Proposition 8

Labels:

Christina Aguilera is the latest celebrity to speak out against California’s Proposition 8, which eliminates the right of same-sex couples to marry. The ballot measure overturns a state Supreme Court ruling that briefly gave same-sex couples the right to wed.

She told MTV, “Last night, there was a whole rally that I saw for Prop. 8. A lot of people came out with their signs, and I think [Prop. 8] is discrimination and I don’t understand how people can be so closed-minded and so judgmental. We chose an African-American president, and it means so much … [it's] a time in history of great change and open-mindedness. Why is this any different? It just doesn’t make sense to me. Why you would put so much money behind something [aimed at] stopping from people loving each other and bonding together? I just don’t understand it. It’s hard for me to grasp. But I would’ve been out there with my rally sign as well.”

Christina ended with, “Mormons aren’t gonna buy my album but, you know, what are you gonna do?”



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...