Jude Law Promotes Peace In Kabul

Labels:

Jude Law promotes Peace Day at the UNAMA office in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan (UNAMA = United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan).

The 35-year-old British actor, along with British filmmaker Jeremy Gilley, returned to Afghanistan after their successful mission last year. Once again, in conjunction with UNICEF and UNAMA, they made a ‘call to action’ 21 days before Peace Day, September 21st, an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence, in order to galvanize the people of Afghanistan to observe the Day.

“The extraordinary events in Afghanistan around Peace Day last year set an important precedent. Jeremy and I are returning to the country this year to help keep the momentum going,” said Jude. “As an ambassador for Peace One Day and as a filmmaker myself, I hope that my involvement will help the project to grow. I’m proud to be part of it.”

He added, “When I left Kabul last year, I was hugely moved not by the conflict that I have read so much about, but by the people’s courage and the people’s sense of hope. It seemed that they really want to make this day, the Peace Day, work. And they did. People recognize the day, because they recognize that lives could be saved.”

To watch the video of Jude and Jeremy being interviewed, visit SkyNews.com. To listen to another interview of the pair, visit BBC.co.uk.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...