Beyonce Joins AMA Performance Line-Up

Labels:

It was just announced that Beyonce will perform at the 2008 American Music Awards.

This marks her third time performing on the AMAs. She joins previously announced performers Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, New Kids on the Block, Pussycat Dolls, P!nk, The Fray and Annie Lennox — who will receive the special Award of Merit.

The AMAs will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on Sunday, November 23 @ 8PM ET/PT on ABC.

Beyonce also is the triple cover girl for V Magazine’s latest issue.

Bookmark and Share



Melora Hardin Hits Broadway As Chicago’s Roxie Hart

Labels:

The Office star Melora Hardin, aka Jan Levinson, will be making her Broadway debut as nightclub dancer Roxie Hart in December, sources confirm to JustJared.com.

”I’m thrilled. I’m so excited,” the 41-year-old actress said in a telephone interview with AP. ”I have been dancing all my life, since I was 5. … In a way, I was made for musicals. But I have been working so much in film and television that I never really had a chance to do them.”

Melora will play a seven-week limited engagement (Monday, December 29, 2008 to Thursday, February 12, 2009) at Broadway’’s Ambassador Theatre (219 W. 49th St.). For tickets, visit ChicagoTheMusical.com.

Other stars to play Roxie include Brooke Shields, Lisa Rinner, Ashlee Simpson and Melanie Griffith.

Melora will next star in the film 17 Again, opposite Zac Efron. She also plays the love-interest to Billy Ray Cyrus in Miley Cyrus’s upcoming Hannah Montana: The Movie. Both films hit theaters April 2009.

Bookmark and Share

Melora Hardin Hits Broadway As Chicago’s Roxie Hart

Labels:

The Office star Melora Hardin, aka Jan Levinson, will be making her Broadway debut as nightclub dancer Roxie Hart in December, sources confirm to JustJared.com.

”I’m thrilled. I’m so excited,” the 41-year-old actress said in a telephone interview with AP. ”I have been dancing all my life, since I was 5. … In a way, I was made for musicals. But I have been working so much in film and television that I never really had a chance to do them.”

Melora will play a seven-week limited engagement (Monday, December 29, 2008 to Thursday, February 12, 2009) at Broadway’’s Ambassador Theatre (219 W. 49th St.). For tickets, visit ChicagoTheMusical.com.

Other stars to play Roxie include Brooke Shields, Lisa Rinner, Ashlee Simpson and Melanie Griffith.

Melora will next star in the film 17 Again, opposite Zac Efron. She also plays the love-interest to Billy Ray Cyrus in Miley Cyrus’s upcoming Hannah Montana: The Movie. Both films hit theaters April 2009.

Bookmark and Share

Beyonce Joins AMA Performance Line-Up

Labels:

It was just announced that Beyonce will perform at the 2008 American Music Awards.

This marks her third time performing on the AMAs. She joins previously announced performers Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, New Kids on the Block, Pussycat Dolls, P!nk, The Fray and Annie Lennox — who will receive the special Award of Merit.

The AMAs will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on Sunday, November 23 @ 8PM ET/PT on ABC.

Beyonce also is the triple cover girl for V Magazine’s latest issue.

Bookmark and Share

Lipstick Jungle Canceled!

Labels:

NBC’s drama Lipstick Jungle has been canceled, reports THR.

Kim Raver, Lindsay Price and Brooke Shields played the three female leads. That means no more shirtless Kirby Atwood (Robert Buckley)!!!

THR also reports freshman drama My Own Worst Enemy (with Christian Slater) also got the axe. No official comment has been made by NBC about either series just yet.

ARE YOU SAD to see either of those two shows go — Lipstick Jungle or My Own Worst Enemy?

Bookmark and Share

Lipstick Jungle Canceled!

Labels:

NBC’s drama Lipstick Jungle has been canceled, reports THR.

Kim Raver, Lindsay Price and Brooke Shields played the three female leads. That means no more shirtless Kirby Atwood (Robert Buckley)!!!

THR also reports freshman drama My Own Worst Enemy (with Christian Slater) also got the axe. No official comment has been made by NBC about either series just yet.

ARE YOU SAD to see either of those two shows go — Lipstick Jungle or My Own Worst Enemy?

Bookmark and Share

Mad TV: Cancelled After 14 Years!

Mad TV is ending its run as a Saturday night sketch series after 14 seasons.

Yesterday, FOX confirmed that the show will end its run at the end of this season.

“There’s been great interest in recent years,” said exec producer David Salzman. “We’ve had a number of networks inquire as to whether the show was coming off FOX and saying that they’d be interested. We have not started to talk to them yet, but now is the time to begin those conversations. I think we have real prospects, but you never know, especially given the economy.”

Mad TV will be bringing back old characters from the show. My vote is for Ms. Swan and The Vancome Lady!!!!! Who else do you want to see back on the show???

Bookmark and Share

Mad TV: Cancelled After 14 Years!

Mad TV is ending its run as a Saturday night sketch series after 14 seasons.

Yesterday, FOX confirmed that the show will end its run at the end of this season.

“There’s been great interest in recent years,” said exec producer David Salzman. “We’ve had a number of networks inquire as to whether the show was coming off FOX and saying that they’d be interested. We have not started to talk to them yet, but now is the time to begin those conversations. I think we have real prospects, but you never know, especially given the economy.”

Mad TV will be bringing back old characters from the show. My vote is for Ms. Swan and The Vancome Lady!!!!! Who else do you want to see back on the show???

Bookmark and Share

Man challenges Guinness Record with 1.895-meter beard

Sarwan Singh holds onto his beard prior to a ceremony in Surrey, British Columbia November 11, 2008. Singh was attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the longest beard. Singh's beard measured at 1.895-metres.

Sarwan Singh's beard curls on the floor as he waits to take part in a ceremony in Surrey, British Columbia November 11, 2008. Singh was attempting to break the Guinness World Record. Singh's beard measured at 1.895-metres.

Bookmark and Share

Obama's Family










Obama's Family

Bookmark and Share

Jeju island of Korea









Jeju island of Korea

Bookmark and Share

Tomsk Village of Russia








Tomsk Village of Russia

Bookmark and Share

Obama marks Veterans Day

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama and double-amputee Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth place a wreath at a veterans memorial in Chicago Nov. 11, 2008. Duckworth is director of the department of veteran affairs for Illinois
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama and double-amputee Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth walk together to place a wreath at a veterans memorial in Chicago Nov. 11, 2008. Duckworth is director of the department of veteran affairs for Illinois
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama hugs double-amputee Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth after they placed a wreath at a veterans memorial in Chicago Nov. 11, 2008. Duckworth is director of the department of veteran affairs for Illinois
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama hugs double-amputee Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth after they placed a wreath at a veterans memorial in Chicago Nov. 11, 2008. Duckworth is director of the department of veteran affairs for Illinois

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama and paraplegic Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth place a wreath at a veterans memorial in Chicago Nov. 11, 2008. Duckworth is director of the department of veteran affairs for Illinois

Bookmark and Share

Obama inclines to keep Gates at Pentagon

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama is inclined to keep Robert Gates as defense secretary for another year, Obama's aides said Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Gates will likely accept the offer if it is made, the Wall Street Journal quoted an aide to the secretary as saying.

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates meets Hungary's Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany (not seen) during an informal NATO summit of defence ministers in Budapest Oct. 9, 2008

However, Obama's aides also said no final decision has been made, as other people are also under serious consideration for the top Pentagon job.

Several prominent Democrats, including Richard Danzig, former President Bill Clinton's navy secretary and John Hamre, Clinton's former deputy defense secretary, are also being considered.

The decision on retaining Gates will be the clearest indication to date of the incoming administration's thinking about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Like the president-elect, Gates supports deploying more troops to Afghanistan.

But the defense secretary strongly opposes a firm timetable for withdrawing American forces from Iraq, therefore, some analysts said his appointment could mean that Obama was effectively shelving his campaign promise to remove most troops from Iraq by mid-2010.

Speculation that Gates would remain in the job increased over the weekend when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid endorsed the idea in a CNN interview.
U.S. President-elect Barack Obama answers a journalist's question during his first press conference following his election victory in Chicago, Nov. 7, 2008.

"Why wouldn't we want to keep him?" Reid said. "He's never been a registered Republican."

Gates took over the Pentagon in late 2006 after Bush ousted then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld over his management of the Iraq war.

U.S. commanders in Iraq had been unable to prevent the country from slipping into civil war, and American and Iraqi casualties were soaring.

As the new defense chief, Gates worked to repair the Pentagon's frayed ties with Capitol Hill.

He also reshaped the U.S. war effort in Iraq, appointing David Petraeus to lead the military campaign and overseeing the deployment of 30,000 additional combat troops as part of a shift to a new counterinsurgency approach there.

Bookmark and Share

Peru offers national hairless dog to Obama

A canine club in Peru offered U.S. president-elect Barack Obama a Peruvian hairless dog, such as seen here, as a solution to his most pressing dilemmas: where to find a White House dog suitable for his allergic daughter.

A canine club in Peru offered U.S. president-elect Barack Obama a Peruvian hairless dog, such as seen here, as a solution to his most pressing dilemmas: where to find a White House dog suitable for his allergic daughter.

Bookmark and Share