Shannen & Jennie’s 90210 Reunion

Labels: ,

FA-IERCE!!!

Former Beverly Hills 90210 stars Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth are teaming up again after 14 years to reprise their roles as friends-turned-rivals Brenda Walsh and Kelly Taylor in the new 90210 spinoff show. Entertainment Weekly naturally has the scoop! Here are some of the juiciest tidbits:

EW: In Tori Spelling’s book sTORI Telling, she tells some pretty harsh stories about you, Shannen. Did you read the book?
DOHERTY: I will censor myself out of respect for Jennie because she’s friends with Tori. I got passages sent to me and a vast majority of it is incredibly exaggerated. Maybe it’s a difference of how I was raised. I just don’t believe you write personal on-set experiences in a book. For me, when you work it’s almost a sacred experience whether you get along with everyone or not. In 27 years of acting I’ve never sold out one of my cast members. Ever. And I will stick to that.

EW: In the book it says you two got into a fistfight. That sounds very badass. But is it true?
GARTH: A fistfight? That makes us sound so tough.
DOHERTY: I know. Like we were serious gangsters.
GARTH: I didn’t read the book either.

EW: You’re thanked in it.
GARTH: For what? I wonder what I did. I asked Tori if I needed to read it and she said no, I shouldn’t bother.



EW: For the new 90210, you were both involved with determining where Kelly and Brenda were in their lives. Jennie, the producers initially wanted Kelly to be a West Beverly Hills High School board member, right? How did she become a guidance counselor?
GARTH: I didn’t want to be on the show for no reason. I wanted to have some value. When Gabe and [exec producer] Jeff [Judah] told me some of the things they were doing, I was like, ”Whoa. That is not 90210, people.” They were trying to educate me [about] how teens are in high school today. It was so shocking to me that I thought I should bring a positive spin somehow. Of course, I have yet to guide or counsel anyone.
DOHERTY: I think they must have told you the same things they told me.

EW: What kinds of things?
DOHERTY: All I know is there’s a girl giving a guy a b— job in the first episode.
GARTH: When they told me that, I thought, Aaron Spelling is rolling over in his grave right now.

Scandalous!!!!! To read the full cover feature, visit EW.com. Be sure to watch the behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot here!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...