Ellen Pompeo: I Sold Vodka at the Age of 15

Labels:

Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo had a very interesting childhood story to tell on Friday’s The Late Show with David Letterman. Apparently, as a 15-year-old, Ellen sold Vodka to baseball fans at Fenway Park, the home ballpark of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

On selling herself at such a young age: “I made a great living at Fenway when I was 15-years-old. There were lots of guys in the neighborhood and there were always these great job opportunities at the time. They all seemed very nice, innocent and fun!” (The audience laughed because of her suggestive implications.)

On how she got away with selling Vodka in public: “When I was 15, one particular man asked me if I wanted to make some money. He said, ‘All you have to do is sell slush outside of Fenway.’ I thought, ‘Now that sounds easy.’ They’d drive me to Fenway, set me up on the street with this nice cart and nice umbrella. And inside the cart, there were two flavors: lemon and watermelon. And then beside the two flavors was slush inside one of those big ketchup bottles. But there wasn’t ketchup in it, Dave. There was Vodka.”

On how she sold her product: “I used to stand around saying, ‘I got the special slush over here. Special slush!’ I’d [usually] give them one pump but if they gave me a few extra bucks, I’d give them two pumps.”

On not feeling guilty about selling alcohol: “Listen, I just gave them what they want. I had the longest line. There must have been 12 slush carts on the street. No one else had a line. I was the only one!”

On the possibility of being arrested: “I could have been in prison but all of the cops that were standing around didn’t seem to mind. They clearly knew what was going on. I was giving them slush too! You know those Boston police. Have you seen The Departed?”

Watch the video fo Pompeo on Letterman here.

Grey’s Anatomy returns with all-new episodes on Thursday, April 24 @ 9PM ET/PT on ABC.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Plz comment ...